Tuesday, August 28, 2007

designing for spring '08

I'm procrastinating. I have about 24 hours to finish designing for spring and here I am writing a blog. I've decided to narrow my focus even more by doing only outerwear and dresses. I had designs for a high-waisted A-line skirt and a cute belted blouse but I've decided that separates are too much of a liability for my limited budget. Here are a couple of sketches of what I'm working on:



I'm going with a citrus- inspired palette:
olive green, cantaloupe and yellow ochre with cream and grey.
Here's a storyboard I put together this morning to get it into my head:



I should have samples in a couple of months. Can't wait!!

2 comments:

Emma said...

I CANNOT believe this. I was just posting about your completely stunning designs in my most recent posts and...you comment my blog?
I'm trying very hard not to be all gushing and lame and weird but...you are such a FANTASTIC, amazing designer! I'm sure you hear that every day but God, your stuff is completely, totally perfect. I posted your entire new line in my last post :^)

Bean said...

WOW!! Nice and bright and beautiful! I can hardly wait to see all the finished sketches and finished products!
The dress Calli wore to Denises wedding is a perfect fit for her!! She wore it to a wedding last year and then this year to Denises wedding! It is beautiful and she feels like a Princess in it! You are amazing!! She is seriously itching to be able to wear the blue wool suit though...it's a bit big for this year. She is a small girl! I can see her heading off to private school in the Swiss Alps in that wool suit!! With a lovely brown leather book bag....
Love you and miss you, xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo