Tuesday, September 25, 2007

i love san francisco

I had a feeling it would happen. Everyone told me I'd love it. I thought, sure, I probably will. I like bridges and redwoods and hippies well enough. But then I finally went and oh my... the victorian architecture, the shopping, the friendly people, the climate, the history....

We stayed next to union square, right on a cable car line.

I soon discovered that the area was packed with shops that I wanted to spend money in.

The coolest china town I have ever seen.

Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower.

The wild parrots of telegraph hill- I saw them!!

We had dinner, not breakfast, at a place famous for swedish pancakes started in 1938 by an ex-circus clown and his wife.

We bought organic concord grapes and enjoyed the ambiance of Haight street.

We sipped $7 lattes and watched the silicone parade in the lounge of the Clift hotel (which had a lot of strange chairs.)

And more shopping and/or drooling. This boutique is called Dish and is located in Hayes Valley.

All in all, a fabulous trip. Thread was a bit of a letdown in this city. Attendance was low, my booth was a mile from any changing rooms or mirrors and the customers seemed to be under the impression that this was an off-price show in the Central district, not the Marina district. I think I may have found a few new boutiques on my day off which makes up a bit for the lackluster show. Still, I can't wait to come back and am thinking up excuses to do so already. The Seattle Thread easily took the lead as the biggest and best in my books. I will be returning for the December show in addition to two other shows in November called UnZipped(17th/18th) and Crave(3rd and 4th).

No comments: