Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Spring is coming!

Monaco Tunic, 100% silk


Delphinium Wrap Skirt, stretch cotton with silk stripe trim



Back to work, once again. After taking such a generous holiday break, it feels a bit feigned, but not in a bad way. Currently I'm waiting for 2 shipments to arrive from overseas via those giant flat ocean liners that you can usually see hanging out around ports. They will contain a my spring 07 designs, two of which are shown above.

The Delphinium Skirt was inspired by Diane Von Furstenberg, a designer famous for making perfectly fitted wrap dresses. The Monaco tunic, one of my best selling items at the Atlanta tradeshow, is made with the most luxurious silk charmeuse- a fabric known for it's fluid draping and versatility.

I couldn't name just one thing that inspired me for this season, although I've always had a great affection for pinstripes and felt that as a forward thinking designer trying to stay on top of the trend game, I ought to get pinstripes out of my system once and for all. I love navy blue and feel that it is a colour that hasn't been in the spotlight for some time and most people look good in it... call it the new black. This was the first time I requested that the manufacturer dye the fabric to match a specific pantone; #2758U, the warmest, richest blue I could find.

You can see more of my designs for this season, as well as past seasons dating back to spring 2004 at http://suzabelle.com

No comments: