Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Montreal Fashion Week

I usually like to keep an eye the Vancouver and Montreal fashion weeks, even if only out of homesickness but in the last two years, Canadian designers have really come into their own. Sadly, down here, it seems like canada doesn't even exist. It's never in the news and you don't hear anyone talking about, unless someone accidently drops an "eh". Lately though, I've been seeing more and more mention of Canadian designers in fashion mags and websites, especially when the topic is outerwear. In my biased opinion, nobody does outerwear better than the Québécois. Here are a few examples...


Rudsak


Rudsak


Telio


Telio


Telio


Nevik


Cimm


Envers par Yves Jean Lacasse


Helmer


As one of my shop owners in Ottawa put it, " C'est cool".

3 comments:

Bean said...

C'est tres cool!!! I love the coats. It seems it's the thing out here. After living on the Sunshine coast for the last 4 years, I am embarrassed to say I really don't have a nice coat. I guess I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon to start fitting in around these parts.

Suzabelle said...

Oh hell no! You should choose one from my fall collection and we'll call it a Christmas present!
Samples are being made right now.

Bean said...

OMG!!!! You are NOT serious! How would I ever choose? It's borderline impossible. I would be completely honored to wear something from your Fall collection, but am I really worthy? Really???? xxoo