Wednesday, April 25, 2007

trend forecast for Spring 2008

Here is an early trend report for next spring. Unlike some of the others I've seen, this report is quite specific and even shows some design sketches. These things can be uncannily on or terribly off; it's a bit of a gamble for those that look to these reports as the gospel according to Promostyl. Although I do look to them sometimes for a starting point, ultimately, the heart wants what the heart wants and I go my own way anyhow. I do think that I will be more adventurous with colour combinations for this season though. For my own prediction, I think "apricot" will be the next big thing. Hey-I was right about yellow!



1 comment:

Bean said...

You know what's weird. When I went to Japan in 2004, I saw all these crazy patterns and mis-matched clothes and thought "Yikes, these people have NO sense of style." Then...it made it's way over here and everyone is wearing all the styles that the Japanese girls rocked back then. Funny hey! And the forecast looks like more Japanese inspired "fashion." Can't wait to see what you create!!!! xo